FILING A DISPUTE
Guidelines to Filing a Dispute
The SAIIPL has prepared a Dispute Template intended to serve as a guide for the preparation and submission of a Dispute under the Regulations and Supplementary Procedure. Download and complete the editable Dispute template.
Dispute Template (.doc WORD format)
NB: If the Registrant's Information on the Whois Lookup has been redacted, please complete the Proatia Request Form and submit it to email@example.com, to request access to the Registrant's records.
Please submit the Dispute:
* in digital format by sending it as an email attachment to Disputes@DomainDisputes.co.za; and
* by post (courier) in hardcopy by sending it to the SAIIPL.
*All email attachments should not exceed 8MB.
Submit the required payment to the SAIIPL, as specified in the Supplementary Procedure. The following payment methods are available:
* Cheque Payments sent to the above postal address; or
* Direct Deposits or Electronic Fund Transfers into the following account:
Bankers : Standard Bank of SA Limited
Branch : Pretoria
Branch Code / IBAN : 010045
Bank Account No : 01 064 951 4
Account Holder : The South African Insititute of Intellectual Property Law
Please send your remittance to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the concerned domain name/s as a reference.
Your Dispute must be commissioned by a Commissioner of Oaths. A section has been included on the Dispute Template for this purpose. If you intend submitting your Dispute digitally, please do so in .pdf and editable format (i.e. .doc or .odt), and then either submit a hard or scanned copy of the commissioned document.
Indexing and Pagination of Evidence
2. If the Evidence Bundle is too large to send in a single digital (.pdf) file, then you should rather split it up logically and send it in seperate digital (.pdf) files.
3. Notwithstanding the fact that the Dispute has been submitted electronically, you must also submit it in triplicate hardcopy to the Provider.
4. No copies need to be sent to the Registrant or the concerned 2nd level domain name administrator.
5. Please also take note of the following general advisory.
Queries concerning the filing of a Dispute may be sent by e-mail to Disputes@DomainDisputes.co.za. Queries concerning Financial Assistance in terms of the Regulations must be forwarded to the .za Domain Name Authority (ZADNA).
Disclaimer: Although we have endeavoured to make the Dispute template as extensive and helpful as possible, we cannot guarantee that by using the Dispute template your submission will not be deficient. It remains your responsibility to ensure that your submission meets all the requirements of the Regulations and the Supplementary Procedure.